Question About Python Ports

Drew Jenkins drewjenkinsjr at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 21 15:48:11 UTC 2007

Hi;
I'm rebuilding a server because of a hardware failure that has corrupted various s/w, including the OS. The server I'm rebuilding was built by someone else. That person spent a lot of time developing a certain s/w package that I haven't had time to study enough to claim any expertise. So, I need to rebuild similar to how he built. However, he didn't understand FBSD's port system. He built everything from source...including python. He has some links in his s/w to the python dirs he built. I can easily put symlinks where his links are and build from ports...obviously my preference. However, I can't figure out *where* the ports build! That is, in a standard built-from-source python, one enters the dir, issues an "ls" and sees dirs like "lib", "etc", etc. Where are these dirs in a built-from-port python?
TIA,
Drew