default postgresql 7.4 -> 8.1, OK?

Palle Girgensohn girgen at pingpong.net
Tue Feb 13 20:33:04 UTC 2007

13 feb 2007 kl. 20.00 skrev Kris Kennaway:

> On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 04:37:00PM +0100, Palle Girgensohn wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> As the maintainer of the PostgreSQL ports, I'm planning a move to
>> set the
>> 8.1.x branch as the default version for FreeBSD. Now it is 7.4, which
>> starts to get a bit rusty.
>>
>> Any objections?
>
> Won't it break something? :)

Of course it will... ;^)

But I don't think that it will break anything more badly than what
can be fixed by a portupgrade -rf postgresql-server.. Also, the
default postgresql version setting only kicks in when there is no
postgresql installed. If you use prebuilt packages, you should really
always portupgrade -rf, I guess...

/Palle