QT4 fails to see LIB_DEPENDS?

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Wed Feb 7 12:25:24 UTC 2007

On Tuesday, 6. February 2007 23:32, Rene Ladan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed QT4 from ports (devel/qt4, misc/qt4-doc,
> misc/qt4-qtdemo).  The installation went fine, except for one thing:
>
> if port A has installed a library libFoo.so, and another port B depends
> on port A, like LIB_DEPENDS=Foo:${PORTSDIR}/port/a, it always reinstalls
>  port A, nomatter if it is already installed.

I can't reproduce this:

[lofi at kiste]:1:/usr/ports/textproc/qt4-xml > sudo make depends
===>   qt4-xml-4.2.2 depends on shared library: QtCore - found
===>   qt4-xml-4.2.2 depends on executable in : moc4 - found
===>   qt4-xml-4.2.2 depends on executable in : qmake-qt4 - found

However: The Qt ports were initially committed with CATEGORIES set wrong in a
number of cases. Try updating your ports collection and running pkgdb -F to
fix the registered origins and see if that helps. If it doesn't, please
provide an example where and how this happens exactly.

Cheers,
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org