ports/104271: devel/kdbg: fails to open core file

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 7 09:49:05 UTC 2007

Yeah, Ade basically said it all. I agree with everything he wrote.

> > What kind of feedback did you expect ? Is a problem for which there
> > are
> > no patches [yet] not a problem anymore ? Doesn't mere existence of a
> > real and acknowledged problem warrant an open PR ?

That would be true for PR about the bug in FreeBSD itself, like kernel
or userland. It would be true for documentation. It would be true for
ports infrastructure.

But for third-party software in ports, we simply can't track every bug
in vendor code here. The problem, unless it's specific to FreeBSD
_port_, must be addressed directly with the upstream vendor.

I'm sorry it hurt your feelings, I kinda expected it would. But this PR
was basically stuck, with no one commenting on it in two months.

I'm not claiming your problem is non-existant or non-important. If there
ever is a new development here, I'll be happy to re-open and handle the
PR. You can still send follow-ups on it, they will reach me.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

The number you dialed is imaginary.
Please turn your phone by 90 degrees and try again.