ports/104271: devel/kdbg: fails to open core file

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Wed Feb 7 08:43:05 UTC 2007

on 07/02/2007 10:23 Pav Lucistnik said the following:
> Synopsis: devel/kdbg: fails to open core file
>
> State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
> State-Changed-By: pav
> State-Changed-When: Wed Feb 7 08:22:57 UTC 2007
> State-Changed-Why:
> Feedback timeout (1 month)
>
> Once you have patches, please, file a new PR with them

Pav,

sorry if I will sound a little bit harsh, but don't you think that you
are being a little bit overzealous at closing PRs in this case ?

What kind of feedback did you expect ? Is a problem for which there are
no patches [yet] not a problem anymore ? Doesn't mere existence of a
real and acknowledged problem warrant an open PR ?

Why did you take responsibility over this PR in the first place if you
weren't going to submit your patches or help in anyway for this problem
to be [really] resolved ?

I can confirm that the problem still exists and I insist that this PR be
re-opened. Only if for avoiding duplicate PRs and increasing a chance
that somebody (not necessarily the maintainer or me) will look into this.

Apologies again for being emotional, but that's how I feel about this
kind of attitude towards PRs. I do appreciate everything else you do for
FreeBSD and for the ports including herculean task of PR management.

--
Andriy Gapon