/usr/local/share/mk ?

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Fri Feb 2 09:10:46 UTC 2007

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 11:57:52AM +0300, Stanislav Sedov wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 14:01:24 -0800
> Luigi Rizzo <rizzo at icir.org> mentioned:
> >
> > typo.. thanks. Speaking of names, what's best for the devel/ thing ?
> > linux-bsd-kmod looks like just another module. Should i call it
> > linux-kmod-compat or bsd-linux-kmod instead ?
> >

> Personally, I think linux-kmod-compat or linux-kmod-devkit would
> sound better. BTW, I believe this should live in compat, not devel.

we don't seem to have a "compat" ports category, don't we ?  and i
don't think this goes into the base system, or at least i don't
have a good clue on the licensing issues yet - there are things i
have rewritten from scratch, there are others (headers mostly, plus
short inline functions) i just copied from GPL sources,
and the modules themselves that you can build generally come
from GPL sources.

A port seems the safest option from that point of view...

	cheers
	luigi