openoffice fonts - no antialiasing?

Ivan Voras ivoras at fer.hr
Thu Feb 1 14:25:00 UTC 2007

I've installed OpenOffice via package from good-day.org, version
openoffice.org-SRC680_m197, and it seems somehow that font anti-aliasing
doesn't work in it - both in the application user interface and on the
document canvas.

I've run previous versions of openoffice without problems, but I've
recently updated X (to 7.2), gnome base (to whatever is latest) and xfce
(to 4.4) so maybe something got misconfigured in the process. Has
someone seen this behavior? Any ideas where to start looking for problems?