pkg_delete: package 'xorg-drivers-7.3' doesn't have a prefix

Eric Crist mnslinky at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 12:19:04 PST 2007

On Dec 28, 2007, at 12:47 PM, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:

> Mon Si wrote:
>> Dear list,
>> I'm experiencing problems when I try to portupgrade the xorg-driver
>> port. The old version of the port can't be uninstalled during the
>> portupgrade due to an undefined prefix.
>> The port can't be deleted by "pkg_delete -f xorg-drivers-7.3"
>> Does anybody know how to upgrade / remove this port?
>> Thanks in advance,
>> 	Simon
>
> If nothing else works, you could try
> rm -rf /var/db/pkg/xorg-drivers-7.3

If I remember correctly, there are detailed instructions in /usr/ports/
UPDATING -- go back to notes for sometime in May of 2007, and there's
a really long entry on upgraded to Xorg 7.x from 6.9.  I think the
entry specifically mentions 7.2, but it should work for 7.3 as well.

HTH
-----
Eric F Crist
Secure Computing Networks