Porting Windows program datatype problem

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Thu Dec 27 21:07:17 PST 2007

On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 11:57:47AM -0600, Rob Belics wrote:
>There is a Windows open source program I would like to port to FreeBSD.  It
>seems to compile OK, using gcc, but chokes on MS/Windows only type data
>types like 'ulong'.  What would be the easiest way to fix/convert these, or
>must it be done manually?

I suspect your only option is "manually".  Your best approach might be
a set of Windows headers and something like ctags or id-utils to let
you quickly search for the type you want to see how it's defined.

Note that I also agree that Dmitry's approach is likely to be the
best/easiest.  Since 'sed' can't easily match C tokens, automated
attempts to use sed are highly likely to unintentionally mangle
innocent character strings that just look like data types.

--
Peter Jeremy