Porting Windows program datatype problem

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at math.missouri.edu
Thu Dec 27 11:25:31 PST 2007

Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:

> Rob Belics wrote:
>> There is a Windows open source program I would like to port to
>> FreeBSD.  It seems to compile OK, using gcc, but chokes on
>> MS/Windows only type data types like 'ulong'.  What would be the
>> easiest way to fix/convert these, or must it be done manually?
>>

> Sed is your friend.

I think the OP wants to know if there is a web site or such like that
systematically lists all the differences between Windows C and gcc, and
whether there is a program out there that does this all automagically.

(But I would go with Dmitry's suggestion over Aryeh's - I would only
take Aryeh's route if Dmitry's approach genuinely did blow up in my face.)

Stephen