Updating 'mail/freepops' port

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Tue Dec 25 06:19:45 PST 2007

On Sun, Dec 23, 2007 at 07:04:08AM -0500, Gerard wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 22:09:43 +1100
> Edwin Groothuis <edwin at mavetju.org> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Dec 22, 2007 at 06:47:01PM -0500, Gerard wrote:
> > > Evidently, the '/mail/freepops/' port does not have a maintainer.
> > > If I knew more about it, I would attempt to do it myself; however,
> > > that might well lead to a disaster.
> >
> > Just do it, we're here to hold your hand and guide you through it.
> >
> > Edwin
>
> Well, only if you promise. ;-)

That's one of the purposes of this mailing list :)

> Seriously though, the only thing I have written are a few bash scripts.
> I guess I could attempt to work on this though. I'll download the
> Porters Hand book and start from there. Just a suggestion. It
> occurred to me that having a compressed copy of the Porters Hand book
> for downloading would be a good idea. I just checked, and it is
> something like 150 pages or so to download and print out.

Actually, it is already available in archived form on the FreeBSD FTP
server; check out this directory:

ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/

...and, specifically, the book.html-split.tar.bz2 file there.

It's just that there are no links to this directory on the FreeBSD website.

> BTW, who do I contact if (when) I need assistance?

This list.  That's what it's for :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at cnsys.bg    roam at FreeBSD.org
Hey, out there - is it *you* reading me, or is it someone else?