portmaster ??

Stefan Sperling stsp at stsp.name
Mon Dec 24 04:48:53 PST 2007

On Mon, Dec 24, 2007 at 03:47:56AM -0800, Umar wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am using portmaster for updating my existing ports. How I can bypass a
> specific package e.g (squid) I don't want to upgrade this package during
> ports upgrading through portmaster.
>
> So please help me what should i do?

The first thing you should do is read the man page, it says:

     /var/db/pkg/*/+IGNOREME
			  If this file exists, portmaster will ignore this
			  port for the purpose of dependency updates.

So you want to do something like:

 touch /var/db/pkg/squid-<version>/+IGNOREME.

It will still ask whether it should update that port anyway,
which is a bit annoying, but maybe there is a flag to turn
that question off, I haven't looked yet.

--
stefan
http://stsp.name                                         PGP Key: 0xF59D25F0