FreeBSD Port: mysql-client-5.0.51

Harald Sturla Josdal josdal at subsys.no
Wed Dec 19 10:49:24 PST 2007

Hi!

We're unable to get SSL-support working with the 5.0.51 client. The
server (5.0.51) supports SSL and we are able to connect with SSL-
support from clients on servers running mysql-client-5.0.37 and mysql-
client-5.0.45.

But with mysql-client-5.0.51 we are unable to connect to other servers
(or to localhost via TCP/IP) with SSL-support enabled.  We used
portdowngrade to restore version 5.0.45 and that solved the problem.

The server has a basic setup and MySQL is compiled with
"WITH_OPENSSL=yes WITH_PROC_SCOPE_PTH=yes".

my.cnf:

[client]
port            = 3306
socket          = /tmp/mysql.sock

[mysqld]
skip-name-resolve
port            = 3306
socket          = /tmp/mysql.sock
ssl-ca          = /dev/null
ssl-cert        = /var/db/mysql/server7.subsys.no.crt
ssl-key         = /var/db/mysql/server7.subsys.no.key
flush_time              = 86400
max_connections         = 300
max_connect_errors      = 100
interactive_timeout     = 600