Ports that use wget instead of fetch

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Tue Dec 18 02:24:51 PST 2007

A quick survey of ports that use wget instead of fetch to get the
distfile:

audio/ventrilo-server/Makefile

 - needs POST, which fetch does not support

biology/gmap/Makefile

 - distfile does not exist on master site, project web page also
   missing, unable to locate with Google

devel/looks/Makefile

 - distfile does not exist on master site, but other ports using the
   same master site work fine with fetch

devel/subclipse/Makefile

 - works fine with fetch

sysutils/sge/Makefile

 - needs cookies, which fetch does not support

textproc/javacc/Makefile

 - works fine with fetch

x11/rxvt-devel/Makefile

 - both master site work fine with fetch, but one of them doesn't have
   the distfile; should use sourceforge instead

x11/rxvt/Makefile

 - one master site (planetmirror.com) out of three is broken, the other
   two work fine; should use sourceforge instead

I've attached a patch for the ports that I've been able to verify work
correctly with fetch.  I'd appreciate it if the maintainers of the
remaining ports would add comments to the Makefile explaining why wget
is necessary.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no