TeTeX and TeXLive

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at math.missouri.edu
Sun Dec 16 20:24:53 PST 2007

Mark Linimon wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 11:02:45AM +0900, Hiroki Sato wrote:
>>  Do you think splitting it to small packages will be a big problem?
>
> That many ports would create a significant impact on the build systems,
> especially, sparc64, which is not keeping up at all as it is.
>
> mcl

What does the build system do?  Does it go to each port one at a time
and do a "make package && pkg_delete -a" or similar?

If so, this would mean that the, for example, xorg-library port would be
remade many, many times.

If this is the case, perhaps there is some way this process could be
streamlined.  But I can see the potential difficulties.