Ion3 license violation

Tuomo Valkonen tuomov at iki.fi
Thu Dec 13 03:21:21 PST 2007

On 2007-12-13, Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com> wrote:
> I do not yet believe that it is possible to meet Tuomo's interpretation
> of his license without his prior review of every possible patch,

If you don't trust your judgement on significant vs. insignificant
changes, you can just have the user review them:

"""
    - Significantly altered versions may be provided only if the user
      explicitly requests for those modifications to be applied, and
      is prominently notified that the software is no longer considered
      the standard version, and is not supported by the copyright holder.
      The version string displayed by the program must describe these
      modifications and the "support void" status.
"""

This specifically allows shit like the Xft patch that I will have nothing
to do with (not until enabling clear crisp unblurred fonts is no more
effort than 'echo crisp = yes > ~/.fonts.conf'), provided that users get
an unmodified version unless they known what they're doing.

--
Tuomo