Ion3 removal (Re: Ion3 license violation)

Tuomo Valkonen tuomov at iki.fi
Wed Dec 12 23:40:44 PST 2007

On 2007-12-12, Danny Pansters <danny at ricin.com> wrote:
> The guy was never trying to find any compromise.

What compromise can be had, when the distros never try to be
constructive?

> Also, it's worth noting that there seems to be no trademark at all, the
> author is under the impression that a trademark doesn't have to be applied
> for

Trademarks (tm) don't need to be registered (R). Under the Finnish law,
registered and unregistered trademarks are almost equal; under other
legislations not necessarily entirely so, but there's still some protection.

> You can't do OSS and be a control freak at the same time. It just doesn't work
> like that. mlc has handled this exactly how he should have. With a swagger!

As I have mentioned, the powerful distros expect authors to be their
undemanding and unquestioning slaves. "They" were right: FOSS is comm^W
collectivist. There's no room for authors, only a herd -- controlled
by The Par^Wdistros. Authors are supposed to be content with having
served the "common good" -- i.e. the distros' good.

--
Tuomo