Ion3 license violation

Tuomo Valkonen tuomov at iki.fi
Wed Dec 12 12:27:15 PST 2007

On 2007-12-12, Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote:
> If you were watching, why didn't you point this out back at the
> beginning of the ports freeze?

What makes you think I'd been watching that long?

Don't you people read the licenses of the software you distribute?

> Either you didn't understand Russell's comment

... or you haven't read the license.

> Remind the voices that FreeBSD isn't a Linux distro, and maybe they'll
> start feeding you accurate information instead of making you look insane.

It's a distribution of various third party software. You may split hairs
by insisting that "FreeBSD ports" is the distribution, but it is still
a distribution. (There are no "Linux" distributions either: there are
"GNU/Linux" distributions, if you get into hair-splitting.)

--
Tuomo