Ion3 license violation

Tuomo Valkonen tuomov at iki.fi
Tue Dec 11 23:48:32 PST 2007

On 2007-12-12, Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com> wrote:
> I have marked it as DEPRECATED.

And this shows to a user trying to install it, how?

> Note: we've had a ports freeze and updates were not accepted during this
> time. The maintainer's activity or inactivity is thus not germane.

The "maintainer" has not bothered even replying to a similar message
I sent him earlier. (Well, if there's something good to be said, at
least there was a clear contact address in the package this time.
Something that distros tend to hide.)

And if he really "maintains" the package, he should have marked is
deprecated before the freeze. But distros don't maintain marginal
packages, they just throw them in and expect the author to deal with
the distro's users with the random snapshot that happened to be there
at the megafreeze time.

--
Tuomo