finding configuration options used

jekillen jekillen at prodigy.net
Thu Dec 6 22:12:27 PST 2007

Hello:
I am in the process of setting up Cyrus SASL for Postfix.
Is there a way to determine what configuration options
where used to build Cyrus SASL from port/package?
Or would it be wise to de-install and reinstall with configuration
options I am interested in?
I am following various documentation sources for this:
The Book of Postfix (No Starch Press)
Postfix manual,
and others relating to Cyradm.
I am trying to get a handle on theory as well as practice
so I have some vision. I did follow instruction from this
list to rebuild postfix to include mysql support that worked
fine. I am assuming that the make configure instruction
could be employed with Cyrus SASL.
The point being to have as many authentication methods
as practically possible. And if a method is offered, it is
actually supported.
This is an educational project for me as well as setting
up a working mail server. So far so good. But I have
a long way to go before show time.
using FreeBSD v6.2
Thanks in advance for info
Jeff K