[RFC/P] Port System Re-Engineering

Remko Lodder remko at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 3 09:52:20 PST 2007

Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:
> Ade Lovett wrote:

> Then the community needs to make up it's mind because I have been
> criticized for making a wiki for a similar issue (SATA issues on
> ICH9(R)).... You do sound like Marie Antonetta.   For the time being
> as far I can tell the consensus is to keep most things on mailing
> lists (not my choice).

You missed the whole point there (a couple of times already :(),

The point with that thread was that you were looking for the solution of
a ATA driver thingy etc, which does not need to have a Wiki for it
because you need to discuss with the clueful people out there. Starting
a totally new project with new foundations etc DOES require such a Wiki
because you can easily outline your ideas / requirements there and allow
you and others to participate to generate code etc.

As I stated a couple of times before (perhaps hiddenly), please try to
research a bit more and -read- what is being told. Then sleep a day
over the issue and THEN email the rest to see what they think; you are
quite ambitious, which is appreciated, or at least I think that there
should be room for ambition all the time, but you are using it the wrong
way, causing people to ignore you (high sound / noise ratio) and there
goes the ambition, "lost" in space.

Dont do that to yourself or the project.

Thanks.
remko

--
/"\   Best regards,                      | remko at FreeBSD.org
\ /   Remko Lodder                       | remko at EFnet