NetXMS waiting to commit

Xin LI delphij at delphij.net
Wed Aug 29 09:06:19 PDT 2007

Hi, Sam,

sam wrote:
>> I think you may want to try to build it on a -CURRENT box or with GCC
>> 4.2.x, this is not a configure problem I think.
>>
>> Let me know if you still want the config.log.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
> i am tested netxms-port on 6.2-RELEASE i386/amd64 (without problem)

Please understand that we really wanted it to be gcc 4.2 compatible,
because it's the version that we will ship with 7.0-RELEASE, which will
be released later this year.  If it won't work with gcc 4.2 then it
would be advisable to mark it as USE_GCC=34 or so.

My own experience is that gcc warnings indicates some real problems
(sometimes trivial or even false positive, but sometimes they can really
cause problems).

I think NetXMS is an amazing software and we want to have it, and it
would be even better if we can ship an package that can be easily
installed with 7.0-R :-)  What's the timeframe the upstream developers
will support gcc 4.2?  We can fix the problems our own, but if the
upstream developers are willing to make some modifications we could
avoid some duplicated work.

Cheers,