Patch: lang/php5 (pdo_sqlite extension)

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 13:21:38 PDT 2007

On 8/24/07, Maxim Khitrov <mkhitrov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I sent this patch to the maintainer of lang/php5 port, but did not
> receive a response. Was advised to send an e-mail to ports@ instead.

Unfortunately, you received incorrect advise.  You should use either
send-pr, or the Web send-pr (http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html) on
the FreeBSD web site to submit changes to a port.  Otherwise they may
get lost in the ports mailing list.

> This patch adds a knob to databases/php5-pdo_sqlite port called
> WITH_SQLITE_PORT. When set, instead of compiling the bundled version
> of sqlite library, pdo_sqlite extension will use the shared one from
> the databases/sqlite3. The port is usually more up to date, so this is
> convenient for people who need to do development and testing with
> newer sqlite versions.

It might be better to always depend on the databases/sqlite3 port,
instead of using the bundled version.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.