Weird problem with shells/scponly

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Fri Aug 24 10:13:17 PDT 2007

I just encountered a very strange problem with shells/scponly.  When I
tried to portupgrade it, I consistently got an error:

/usr/ports/shells/scponly]# portupgrade scponly*
--->  Upgrading 'scponly-4.6_1' to 'scponly-4.6_2' (shells/scponly)
--->  Building '/usr/ports/shells/scponly' with make flags:
WITH_SCPONLY_WINSCP
make: don't know how to make WITH_SCPONLY_WINSCP. Stop
** Listing the failed packages (*:skipped / !:failed)
        ! shells/scponly (scponly-4.6_1)        (clean error)
--->  Packages processed: 0 done, 0 ignored, 0 skipped and 1 failed

That option wasn't selected and isn't selected by default.  I tried make
rmconfig/make config, and all the other tricks I know, including make
distclean/portupgrade scponly*.

Finally I deinstalled the port and reinstalled it.  It installs fine both
with and without that knob.

Is portupgrade saving some setting somewhere that is different from config?

(I've cc'd the port maintainer although it doesn't look like there's a
problem with the port itself.)

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst