Moving to a more recent linux base, when?

Michal Varga varga at stonehenge.sk
Thu Aug 23 13:08:06 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 21:01 +0200, Roman Divacky wrote:

> let me clarify things a little. the 2.6 support in 7-current is good enough.
> I am not aware of panics and the only "does not work because of 2.6" program
> I know is java which I have sent a patch to kib@ to commit it (so it should
> be in before 7.0R)

Well, just for the record, Enemy Territory stopped working with 2.6 for
me, but I can live with that (Doom 3 runs still fine, for example). On
my -CURRENT desktop, I have 2.6 support enabled from the first day of
commit and never plan to go back, not just for one game or even Java.
>From the perspective of a common everyday desktop user, I'd call current
2.6 support "fine enough", and we are talking about 7.0 that's not even
out yet. Anyway, good job, Roman and the rest of the team.

Just my two pieces of a random currency.

m.

--
Michal Varga <varga at stonehenge.sk>
Stonehenge