new porter - question about portlint error

Andy Greenwood greenwood.andy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 13:10:35 PDT 2007

Hi everyone. I've been using FreeBSD for about a year now. I wanted to
use this cpan module
(http://search.cpan.org/~miker/Net-DNSBL-MultiDaemon-0.18/MultiDaemon.pm)
but noticed it wasn't in the port collection. I know that it's not
really a big deal to add it manually, but I thought I'd take the
opportunity to learn about the porting process. I've got it to where
it'll build and uninstall, and I think it's even doing so cleanly, but I
tried to run portlint to do some tougher tests and I got this error.

[root at zeus p5-Net-DNSBL-MultiDaemon]$ portlint -A .
FATAL: breaks INDEX (Bareword found where operator expected at -e line
1, near "/usr/ports"     (Missing operator before ports?) Bareword found
where operator expected at -e line 1, near "/usr/ports"     (Missing
operator before ports?) syntax error at -e line 1, near "pm:" Unmatched
right curly bracket at -e line 1, at end of line Execution of -e aborted
due to compilation errors.).
1 fatal error and 0 warnings found.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also, I think this should go
in the mail category, but it's basically a multiplexer for dnsbl
lookups, so it could pretty easily go under the dns category as well.
Any pointers on choosing the right place to put it?