py2[45]-dbus package oddity

Tim Judd tjudd2k at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 13:34:18 PDT 2007

I'm not sure where this message is better directed, to either the port
maintainer or the questions list.  The answer is probably the ports
list..  [Crossposted]

There are two packages that are indicated as installed, py24-dbus and
py25-dbus.  Both of these look like identical packages, same version
information and everything.

Is it necessary to have both packages listed as installed?  Can't I
remove one or the other?  py24-dbus is a dependant package on two
others I have installed, but py25-dbus isn't.  Can I, Should I remove
py25-dbus, or would that remove py24-dbus as well?

Thanks for any tips or pointers.

Tim.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
"I can" is a way of life.
More and Bigger is not always Better.
The road to success is always uphill.