for Thomas E. Zander, mplayer maintainer.

Thomas Zander thomas.e.zander at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 9 14:59:51 UTC 2007

On 09/08/07, Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:
> Try to imagine the situation if it was reversed.  Suppose you were
> trying to send email about a problem or suggested improvement to
> someone in the project, but that person bounced your mail with a
> sweeping generalization like "Rejected: too many germans are spammers
> and you might be one too".  How would that make you feel?

Probably it would feel very similar to submitting a patch for an open
problem that is flawlessly picked up by whatever bug reporting system
$project is currently using and then nobody is taking care of it for
several years?
Or does it feel similar like getting mails saying "Your port is crap. Fix it!"?
Don't patrionise me. I did not intend for something like this to happen.

> I trust you'll take steps to restore the ability of our russian users
> (and other groups who may be filtered in bulk by your mail server) to
> contact you by email.

Sure. But I also would have done it without your explicit, additional,
and frankly somewhat arrogant looking comment. Sergey's mail would
have been completely sufficient.

Riggs