Building Pine with PASSFILE option

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 23:08:42 PDT 2007

On 8/7/07, Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakhesh at rakhesh.com> wrote:
> RW wrote:
> >> But it will work from /etc/make.conf (using either "=" or "+="), as
> >> long as you don't select LDAP support.
> >
> > Have you actually tried this? A few years ago I couldn't get it, nor
> > several variations on it, to work. IIRC there were a lot of other people
> > who had problems with it on various mailing lists.
>
> I think you are right, it doesn't work. I modified the pine4 Makefile to
> pass the PASSFILE variable but Pine doesn't seem to be built with PASSFILE
> support.

As you found out setting the PASSFILE variable via the Makefile or
/etc/make.conf didn't work.

I was able to make it work with the hint from RW by modifying
pine/osdep/os-bsf.h, and then creating a new patch-ac file.

Attached is the patch for the ports Makefile, and files/patch-ac.  The
only thing missing is your change for the warning message when the
PASSFILE option is enabled.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.