new reports added to portsmon

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Mon Aug 6 06:00:52 UTC 2007

These reports deal with package failures, adding together all packages
that are intentionally not made, packages that fail, and all the packages
that depend on them.

Initially I generated these as graphs via GraphViz.  However, the
resulting images are so large that they take minutes to display on a
browser such as firefox.  This is useless.

Now I have added a version of the reports in list form.  Just see the
"List of package failures (direct and indirect) by buildenv" on the charts
and graphs page: http://portsmon.freebsd.org/chartsandgraphs/index.html .
Each package that was not built is listed in the left column; the center
column gives the explanation; and the third column lists the ports, if any,
that depend on the non-built package.

If you are interested in helping to get the packages in better shape,
I think you will find these reports of help.  (I am continuing to work
on them, so the format may change.)

Note: these reports show the state of the packages as of the last full
runs.  Some errors may have been fixed in the meantime; you will need to
check the commit logs.

mcl