Kdenlive video non linear editor port

Chris Billington billington.chris at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 21:43:22 UTC 2007

Has anyone had any success with producing a port for the Kdenlive
video editor (kdenlive.sourceforge.net)? It looks like a more
sophisticated version of Kino, indeed the Kino main developer is
joining that project.

There don't appear to be source snapshot releases as yet. I tried with
the latest svn version of today, but the configure and make gave
multiple errors like

"Makefile", line 6: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 10: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 14: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 95: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 96: Could not find .depend
etc...

The project doesn't appear to use autotools, so I am guessing these
are due to Linuxisms. The web page does say it should build (minus
V4L, etc) on xBSD.
Has anyone had any success with getting this to build on FreeBSD?

regards
Chris