HEADSUP: Ports DESTDIR functionality reworked

Gabor Kovesdan gabor at FreeBSD.org
Sat Aug 4 11:58:40 UTC 2007

FYI, the overcomplicated and nearly useless DESTDIR functionality has
been rewritten as my SoC 2007 project and the new implementation has
been committed into CVS. This one does not require individual ports to
be modified, so it is much simpler to use. It utilizes chroot(1) and
mount_nullfs(1) to build packages for a jail. It is implemented in a new
Makefile, called bsd.destdir.mk. You can refer to the header of this
file if you need a documentation.
At the same time, another new Makefile has been introcuded:
bsd.commands.mk. All the variable definitions that cover the command
line tools, e.g. MKDIR has been extracted, because it simplifies the
structure of the infrastructure Makefiles and it can be reused later
within the infrastructure.
Thanks goes to Andrew Pantyukhin (sat@) for providing important and
useful suggestions and a lot of support as my SoC mentor.

Regards,

--
Gabor Kovesdan
FreeBSD Volunteer