<FRIDAY>

IDG Connect connect at mailer.idgconnect.com
Fri Apr 27 10:48:26 UTC 2007

<FRIDAY April 27, 2007>

     Each Friday, we present a short list of the hottest whitepapers, webcasts and research available. Information you can use to solve problems that crept up during the week, and to prepare for the challenges you'll face in the days ahead. We also provide links to news stories you might have missed, plus facts, quotes and other forms of brain-candy. (Hint: The fun stuff is near the bottom, so don't forget to scroll.) Have a great weekend!

Sophos: Security and Control

Keep your network flexible and your neck off the chopping block.

http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday042707/46/5963//IDG/EmailAddress=freebsd-ports@freebsd.org

Arsenal Digital Solutions: Data Protection for SMBs

DIY's fine for assembling Swedish furniture, but not the best tack for backing up your data.

http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday042707/46/6632//IDG/EmailAddress=freebsd-ports@freebsd.org

Blue Lane Technologies: Securing Virtualized Infrastructure

Full power to the deflector shields. Engage!

http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday042707/7/5058//IDG/EmailAddress=freebsd-ports@freebsd.org

Borland: The Top 10 Blunders in Integration and Testing... And How to Avoid Them

If you want to develop as a software developer, read this before your next build.

http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday042707/46/80013165//IDG/EmailAddress=freebsd-ports@freebsd.org

Solidcore Systems: Managing Change Risk on Critical IT Infrastructure

In a special video case study, Motorola's CISO Bill Boni outlines his vision for implementing enterprise-wide change.

http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday042707/46/6541//IDG/EmailAddress=freebsd-ports@freebsd.org

Microsoft Forefront and Microsoft System Center "You're in Control" Launch: May 2, 2007 - Beverly Hills, California

Complimentary attendance; cool software, test drives and breakout sessions; plus, the requisite closing party. Very limited space is still available, but this is your last chance.

http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday042707/46/6410//IDG/EmailAddress=freebsd-ports@freebsd.org

Search the Premier IT Knowledge Base at IDG Connect

All the whitepapers, webcasts and other research you need to make smart decisions.

http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday042707/46/6586//IDG/EmailAddress=freebsd-ports@freebsd.org

Give Your Opinions on IT and Business Issues

Join IDC's Survey Panel to receive free IDC research and discounted conferences passes.

http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday042707/46/6587//IDG/EmailAddress=freebsd-ports@freebsd.org

Honda Accord "Cog" Commercial

Three months, $6 million and 606 takes to get it Rube Goldberg perfect.

http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday042707/46/80014065//IDG/EmailAddress=freebsd-ports@freebsd.org

On this day last year, construction began on the World Trade Center's new Freedom Tower. In 2005, the first Superjumbo jet aircraft Airbus 380 took off from France. In 1981, Xerox PARC introduced the computer mouse. In 1810, Beethoven composed his famous piano piece, Für Elise. And in 1667, a blind, impoverished John Milton sold the copyright of Paradise Lost for 10 Pounds. Happy Birthday Ace Frehley (1951), Walter Lantz (1899), Rogers Hornsby (1896), Ulysses S. Grant (1822) and Samuel F. B. Morse (1791). RIP Carlos Castaneda (d. 1998), Edward R. Murrow (1965), Ralph Waldo Emerson (1882) and Ferdinand Magellan (1521).

"Somewhere on this globe, every ten seconds, there is a woman giving birth to a child. She must be found and stopped."

 - Sam Levenson

</FRIDAY>

IDG Connect is a service of IDG Communications, Inc. - the world's leading technology media and event company. IDG Communications publishes a variety of technology-specific magazines, newspapers, and web sites including CIO, CSO, Computerworld, GamePro, InfoWorld, Macworld, Network World, and PC World. We are also a leading producer of technology-related events including LinuxWorld Conference & Expo, Macworld Conference & Expo, and DEMO.

When you applied for, or renewed a subscription to one of our magazines or newspapers, registered as a user at one of our web-sites, subscribed to one of our email newsletters, or registered as an attendee at one of our trade shows/events, you became eligible to receive e-mail from IDG Connect. For more information, read the IDG Privacy Statement at http://www.idgconnect.com/privacypolicy/