make: cannot open Makefile *** Error code 2

Pietro Cerutti pietro.cerutti at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 20:14:05 UTC 2007

Hi List,
I'm trying to port TuxGuitar (a Java-based tablature editor) to FreeBSD.

The software compiles almost out of the box: it just requires a few
patches to the ant(1) properties files.
All dependencies are already installed.

The port compiles without any error or warning messages, but gives
this error at "make install":
 sudo make install
===>  Installing for tuxguitar-0.9.1
===>   tuxguitar-0.9.1 depends on file:
/usr/local/diablo-jdk1.5.0/bin/java - found
===>   Generating temporary packing list
===>  Checking if audio/tuxguitar already installed
make: cannot open Makefile.
*** Error code 2

Stop in /home/piter/docs/Projects/TuxGuitar/port/tuxguitar.
Exit 1

I searched google and the mailing list archives but couldn't find any
hint on how to solve this problem.

Any suggestion and request for additional information are welcome!

The Makefile is:

# New ports collection makefile for:   tuxguitar
# Date created:        26 April 2007
# Whom:                Pietro Cerutti (gahr at gahr.ch)
#
# $FreeBSD$
#

PORTNAME=      tuxguitar
PORTVERSION=   0.9.1
CATEGORIES=    audio java
MASTER_SITES=  ${MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE_EXTENDED}
MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR=${PORTNAME}
DISTFILES=     TuxGuitar-0.9.1-src.tar.gz

MAINTAINER=    gahr at gahr.ch
COMMENT=       A Multitrack tablature editor and player

BUILD_DEPENDS= ${JAVALIBDIR}/swt.jar:${PORTSDIR}/x11-toolkits/swt \
               ${JAVALIBDIR}/itext.jar:${PORTSDIR}/devel/itext

WRKSRC=        ${WRKDIR}/TuxGuitar-0.9.1-src

USE_JAVA=      yes
USE_ANT=       yes

.include <bsd.port.mk>

P.S. please CC me since I'm not on this list

Best Regards,

--
Pietro Cerutti

- ASCII Ribbon Campaign -