games/freebsd-games larn

Dima Ruban dima at rdy.com
Thu Apr 26 16:49:54 UTC 2007

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 11:38:04AM -0400, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> Dima Ruban <dima at rdy.com> writes:
>
> > Guys, sometime during the last couple of month ``larn'' got broken.
> > When I start playing it, everything goes well until I find an object -
> > potion or scroll. If I try to pick it up, I get BUS error.
> > Any ideas what's going on?
>
> I can't reproduce the problem; what updates did you do shortly before
> you first noticed it was broken?

My regular src/ports tree update. I usualy tend to stay fairly close
to -stable ever since my developer days at freebsd. I don't do port upgrades
that often though, that's why it took me that long to notice this problem.

When I rolled back freebsd-games/ directory to 6.2-release state,
problem disappeared.

I can consistently reproduce it. I can provide a test account on my box if
it'd help.

Cheers!

--dima