FreeMat 3.0 doesn't call functions and help

ml-vic ml-vic at de-martino.it
Tue Apr 24 17:12:55 UTC 2007

Il Tuesday 24 April 2007 16:06:11 Thierry Thomas ha scritto:

> It seems that your file /home/victor/.config/FreeMat/FreeMat.conf cannot
> be opened; maybe it belongs to root (or some part of the directory)
> since you tried the previous version as root?
>
> Thanks!

That's right! Eureka!
 /home/victor/.config/FreeMat/FreeMat.conf was owned by root. I manually
chowned it to my user and now it works all like a charm!!!!
I didn't realize that ~/.config was a directory created for FreeMat usage and
I didn't touch anything it contained (at least I believe that!).
Perhaps the bug is  in the port.
In fact I created two new users and started from them FreeMat. The freshly
created ~/.config/FreeMat/FreeMat.conf was owned again by root!

Many thanks

Vittorio