security/gnupg seems to need security/pinentry

Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez rnsanchez at wait4.org
Tue Apr 24 02:10:44 UTC 2007

Hello,

I've updated GnuPG to latest version (2.0.3) from ports, and it stopped
working until I installed security/pinentry.  This is what it was displaying
prior to installing pinentry:

% gpg --clearsign configure > bla
Warning: using insecure memory!

You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
user: "..." 1024-bit DSA key, ID ..., created 2004-07-05

gpg-agent[86284]: can't connect server: `ERR 67109133 can't exec `/usr/local/bin/pinentry': No such file or directory'
gpg-agent[86284]: can't connect to the PIN entry module: IPC connect call failed
gpg-agent[86284]: command get_passphrase failed: No pinentry
gpg: problem with the agent: No pinentry
gpg: no default secret key: General error
gpg: configure: clearsign failed: General error
Exit 2

security/pinentry is not a requisite for security/gnupg.  Should it be?

Regards.

ps: please keep me in Cc:, as I'm not subscribed to this list.

--
Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez     <rnsanchez@{gmail.com,wait4.org}>