Mailman GID problem

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Sat Apr 21 17:26:09 UTC 2007

On Saturday 21 April 2007 08:50:41 Paul Schmehl wrote:
> --On April 21, 2007 3:33:08 AM -0700 David Southwell
>
> <david at vizion2000.net> wrote:
> > Lastly the standard make ./configure does not work with mailman neither
> > is  there a record available which enables one to check the current
> > settings  including GID applicable to the installed version. This means
> > that when an  attempt is made to apply an option and the make does not
> > do so there is no  way one can tell!!
>
> If you just do make in a port (instead of make install clean), you should
> have all the usual stuff in the working directory, including the results
> of configure.  In fact, as long as you don't do make clean, the working
> directory remains, along with everything you would expect to find in a
> ./configure, make, make install scenario.
When things are going well I might be tempted to not make clean but when,
quite clearly, something is not right with the port then why would not one
make clean?
Am I being unreasonable to suggest that it is good practice to have a means of
determining the values of the current running configuration quite
independently of the directory used for compile purposes?

david