Cannot build net/nemesis (problem with libnet10)

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Thu Apr 19 07:37:24 UTC 2007

Hi!

Please Cc: me when replying.

I cannot build net/nemesis, it complains it cannot build against libnet
although I have both version installed (1.0 and 1.1):

libnet-1.1.2.1,1    A C library for creating IP packets
libnet10-1.0.2a_2,1 A C library for creating IP packets

I've checked ports/UPDATING for an entry about nemesis or libnet but
saw nothing unfortunately.  Any clue would be welcome!

Regards,

jarjarbinks:/<2>net/nemesis:193# make
===>  Extracting for nemesis-1.4_2,1
=> MD5 Checksum OK for nemesis-1.4.tar.gz.
=> SHA256 Checksum OK for nemesis-1.4.tar.gz.
===>  Patching for nemesis-1.4_2,1
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for nemesis-1.4_2,1
===>   nemesis-1.4_2,1 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/libnet10-config - found
===>  Configuring for nemesis-1.4_2,1
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c -o root -g wheel
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking build system type... i386-portbld-freebsd7.0
checking host system type... i386-portbld-freebsd7.0
checking for i386-portbld-freebsd7.0-gcc... cc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking for cc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
checking dependency style of cc... none
checking for cc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
checking for i386-portbld-freebsd7.0-gcc... (cached) cc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking whether cc accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking for cc option to accept ANSI C... (cached) none needed
checking dependency style of cc... (cached) none
checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking whether cc needs -traditional... no
checking for gawk... (cached) nawk
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c -o root -g wheel
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for fabs in -lm... yes
checking for inet_ntoa in -lnsl... no
checking for socket in -lsocket... no
checking for hstrerror in -lresolv... no
checking for libnet_build_ip in -lnet... no

   ERROR!  Libnet library not found, go get it from
   http://www.packetfactory.net/projects/libnet/
   or use the --with-libnet-* options, if you have it installed
   in unusual place
===>  Building for nemesis-1.4_2,1
make: cannot open Makefile.
*** Error code 2