Printing with Acrobat Reader

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Sun Apr 15 11:11:40 UTC 2007

OK, now I've tested it thoroughly.  This is on a RELENG_6
machine with current acroread7 and linux_base-fc-4_9 from
ports, and compat.linux.osrelease is set to 2.4.2.

$ pwd
/usr/compat/linux/usr/bin
$ ls -l lp*
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  35 Apr 15 12:32 lp
$ cat lp
#!/bin/sh -
exec /usr/bin/lpr "$@"

Works perfectly well with Adobe Reader's default setting
of "/usr/bin/lp" for the printer program.  I have also
tested it without the path in the script (i.e. only "lpr"
instead of "/usr/bin/lpr").  It works just as well, but
might be dependant on PATH settings, so I would prefer
to keep the full path there, just in case.

Best regards
   Oliver

"anyone new to programming should be kept as far from C++ as
possible;  actually showing the stuff should be considered a
criminal offence" -- Jacek Generowicz