linux-flashplugin9 + Opera 9.20 = no go

Jouni Laakso jounijl at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 12 18:45:28 UTC 2007

It was 7.0.69.0.

I'm new to this OS. cmp and diff says that libflash is
linux-flashplugin9 installed from new ports (9.0r31,
appeared in March?)
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/96374
at least from cvsweb. And the Linux-Opera version is not
9.20 its:

Version    9.10 , Opera/9.10 (X11; Linux i686; U; en)
Build      521
Platform   Linux
System     i686, 2.4.2
Qt library 3.3.5
Java       Java Runtime Environment installed

Paths:
Plug-in path
/usr/local/share/linux-opera/plugins
/usr/local/lib/npapi/symlinks/linux-opera
/usr/local/lib/browser_plugins
/usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin

2158864 libflashplayer.so

I've also heard a hint that it relies on Alsa. Is Alsa
related to Linux kernel module or just a library?

Ok. Checked the site also. The movie was Flash Version 7.
It played the sound.

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/
"Shockwave Missing"
http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/ :