kqemu+amd64: fpudna in kernel mode

Jung-uk Kim jkim at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 12 18:15:13 UTC 2007

> On Thursday 12 April 2007 12:32 am, Bruce Evans wrote:
> > On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, Jung-uk Kim wrote:

> He won't be able to ignore them when the handling is to panic :-).

What I meant was more like "It is not trivial to fix and nobody is
motivated enough to fix it yet.  Sorry, ignore it for now."  I
thought "KQEMU/FreeBSD is borken" was too harsh. ;-)

> > Even if we make it work with FreeBSD, I would expect similar
> > results.
>
> Is that because 2.6 is already better?

Dunno.  I am not a Linux hacker. ;-)

> Is it a 2.6 host or target?

Target.

BTW, there are many OSs out there that they allow FP operations in
kernel including Windows, Mac OS X, DragonFlyBSD, etc.  Even ndis(4)
causes lots of fpudna warnings with some Windows drivers.  Since
there is no driver for it, I am stuck with ndis(4).  Same thing is
true for QEMU, i.e., I have no alternative.  Bochs does not support
FreeBSD/amd64 guest (no PAT emulation), VMware does not support
FreeBSD host, Xen is far from dom0 support, etc.

If someone's motivated enough, we can borrow some code from
DragonFlyBSD:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arch/2004-June/002271.html

Jung-uk Kim