parallel builds revisited

[LoN]Kamikaze LoN_Kamikaze at gmx.de
Thu Apr 12 16:33:05 UTC 2007

Robert Noland wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 05:43 +0200, Benjamin Lutz wrote:
>> Hello Pav,

>>> I have same thoughts, and I wrote about it on Project Ideas page.
>>> That text materialized into a Summer of Code proposal, which is most
>>> probably going to get funded. So stay tuned. However, the proposal
>>> concentrates mainly on allowing several ports to build in parallel.
>
> Have any of you looked at sysutils/bsdadminscripts, it's buildflags
> options allow for parallel builds as well as ccache / distcc use.  I
> have a reasonable list of ports that must have some or all of these
> options disabled as well.
>
> robert.

I happen to be the author of that and I maintain a list of ports that cause trouble in a German Wiki:
http://wiki.bsdforen.de/Distcc#FreeBSD_Ports

These are all the ports that ever made trouble when I tried to build them with 'make -j'. I have around 500 Ports installed, so I think those aren't really many.