Printing with Acrobat Reader

Thu Apr 12 09:50:34 UTC 2007

Quoting Oliver Fromme <olli at lurza.secnetix.de> (from Thu, 12 Apr 2007
11:13:05 +0200 (CEST)):

>  > When I remember your initial mail right, you did test this and it
>  > works... right?
>
> No, I copied /usr/bin/lpr to /compat/linux/usr/bin/lpr
> and then told Adobe Reader to use "/usr/bin/lpr" (instead
> of the defdault "/usr/bin/lp").
>
> The above wrapper script (as /compat/linux/usr/bin/lp
> without "r") should have exaxtly the same effect, except
> that the Adobe Reader's default need not be changed.
> I can give it a try in the evening.

There are some pitfalls and the solution needs to be tested first.

Acroread will use linux system calls to start the shell. This results
in the linux shell (/compat/linux/bin/sh) to start (linuxulator
directory prefixing). The linux shell will use the same linuxulator
directory prefixing to start /compat/linux/usr/bin/lpr. So we're in
the same situation like with Acroread. So when you play around with it
also try to not specify a path to the lpr call and tell us which one
works.

Bye,
Alexander.

--