Printing with Acrobat Reader

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Thu Apr 12 09:13:16 UTC 2007

Alexander Leidinger wrote:
 > Oliver Fromme wrote:
 > [...]
 > > I think it would be desirable to have the Adobe Reader port
 > > work out of the box without _any_ change by the user.
 > > That's why I suggest having the port add a wrapper script
 > > as /compat/linux/usr/bin/lp.  A simple one line script like
 >
 > Not the acroread port, but I would not object if the linux_base ports
 > would install such a wrapper...

That would be fine with me.  I don't care which port
installs it, as long as it works.  :-)

 > > this one should be sufficient:
 > >
 > > #!/bin/sh -
 > > exec /usr/bin/lpr "$@"
 >
 > When I remember your initial mail right, you did test this and it
 > works... right?

No, I copied /usr/bin/lpr to /compat/linux/usr/bin/lpr
and then told Adobe Reader to use "/usr/bin/lpr" (instead
of the defdault "/usr/bin/lp").

The above wrapper script (as /compat/linux/usr/bin/lp
without "r") should have exaxtly the same effect, except
that the Adobe Reader's default need not be changed.
I can give it a try in the evening.

Best regards
   Oliver

"C++ is over-complicated nonsense. And Bjorn Shoestrap's book
a danger to public health. I tried reading it once, I was in
recovery for months."
        -- Cliff Sarginson