Upcoming changes to ifstated port

Steven Kreuzer skreuzer at f2o.org
Wed Apr 11 14:41:11 UTC 2007

Greetings-

I just wanted to give everyone who is using the port of ifstated a
heads up for some changes that I am going to make in the near future.
Please don't hesitate to post any questions or comments. All feedback
is appreciated.

I recently received a patch from Artemiev Igor (see ports/111129 for
all the details) that I am currently evaluating. I plan on merging
his patch with files/patch-ifstated.c

In addition, I plan to change the VERSION from 20050505 to 3.7, since
the code came from OpenBSD 3.7. When I make updates to the port in
the future, the version number is going to be the version of OpenBSD
it came from. Personally, I think that makes a little more sense then
using a date.

Finally, I need your help:

1) If you are running ifstated and would be able to test an updated
version ported from OpenBSD 4.1 in a non production environment,
please contact me. I would like to make sure there is no regression
since this is going to be somewhat of a major update.

2) If you can help host the 16K source tarball for version 3.7,
please grab it from http://skreuzer.f2o.org/mirror/ifstated/
ifstated-3.7.tar.gz and send me the url and I will update MASTER_SITES

Thanks,

SK