FreeMat 3.0 doesn't call functions and help

Thierry Thomas thierry at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 7 20:01:28 UTC 2007

Le Sam  7 avr 07 à 21:24:05 +0200, Vittorio De Martino <vittorio at de-martino.it>
 écrivait :
> I've just installed FreeMat 3.0 from the ports in my i386 6.2 box but, while
> it is able to accomplish simple calculations it is not able to use the
> functions e.g to invert a matrix
>
> a=[1,2;-4,3]
> inv(a)
>
> instead of inverting the matrix hangs endlessly.

You're right: I have no problem to run the examples and the classical
functions are OK, simple operations on matrix are OK, but inv() hangs.

I'll report this to the author.

> Besides if I ask for the "help on line" (OR helpwin) the following error
> messages pops up
>
> "The file modules.txt is missing from the directory  where I think help files
> should be."

It's working on my machine, but the same problem has been reported in PR
ports/109469 <http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=109469>.

Could you please send me output of truss when you just launch FreeMat
and call helpwin?

Could you please also try again from the package (`pkg_add -r' should be
OK).

> I think I didn't configure something but I don't know what (the main.pdf
> manual isn't that helpful as far as the installation is concerned).
>
> Could someone out there help me to start FreeMat?

I'd like to fix it!

Regards,
--
Th. Thomas.