amd64: cc -dumpmachine [ffmpeg]

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Thu Apr 5 09:49:25 UTC 2007

on 05/04/2007 12:41 Oliver Fromme said the following:
> Andriy Gapon wrote:
>  >
>  > [sorry for spamming so many lists but all of them seem to be relevant]
>  >
>  > $ uname -srm
>  > FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p2 amd64
>  > $ cc -dumpmachine
>  >
>  > $
>
> I get the same empty result on a 32bit RELENG_6 (i386)
> machine here.  It seems to be normal.

Maybe "normal" for FreeBSD GCC but not for GCC in general.
E.g.:
$ uname -srm
Linux 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6xen x86_64
$ cc -dumpmachine
x86_64-redhat-linux

>  > At least configure script of the latest ffmpeg-devel port seems to be
>  > confused by this.
>
> Works fine here on said i386 machine.  So it must be
> something else, no related to the -dumpmachine output,
> but maybe amd64-related.

By "confused" I meant that the configure script decided that it
cross-builds for i386 because it didn't see "something 64" in the output
of the said command. So this is it.

--
Andriy Gapon