devel/pylint location fix

Phil Pennock phil.pennock at globnix.org
Tue Apr 3 01:49:16 UTC 2007

On 2007-04-02 at 20:54 -0400, Tom McLaughlin wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 15:14 -0700, Phil Pennock wrote:
> > Port devel/pylint doesn't seem to be well distributed on the
> > ftp.CC.freebsd.org mirrors and can't be retrieved from the currently
> > defined master; ftp://ftp.logilab.org/pub/pylint/pylint-0.13.1.tar.gz
> > results in an FTP error after anonymous authentication:
> >   421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection.
> >
> > Change the protocol to http: but leave the host and local path alone and
> > the file is retrievable, passing checksum tests..  Given that http is
> > generally lighter weight, should MASTER_SITES include the http: variant
> > before the ftp one?

> It's working fine here.  Probably just a temporary glitch in the ftp
> service on that machine.

I should probably have pointed out that this problem persisted across
multiple days.  I ignored it the first time that portupgrade failed,
pursued it when it persisted.  I didn't keep notes (personal box) so
don't know which day it first failed.

Is there any harm to using the http variant too?  Perhaps after the ftp
schema item?

-Phil