FreeBSD Port: dkfilter-0.10_1

Yoshisato YANAGISAWA yanagisawa at csg.is.titech.ac.jp
Mon Sep 18 00:28:32 PDT 2006

Dear Mujie-san,

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 10:46:48 -0700
Charles Mujie <charles at ibrigge.com> wrote:

> I did some more troubleshooting of my own last night I found out that
> by increasing the sleep time to 5 secs or more the problem doesn't
> occur. I agree with you analysis that there is some kind of race
> condition between line 48 and 52.

Thank you for your experiment.  However, I will avoid using sleep
command instead of busy waiting. I'm afraid that 5 seconds are not
enough for other computers such as very slow CPU PCs.  Moreover, I am
not sure enough sleep time to avoid race condition.

> Thanks for the patch you e-mail me.  I've applied the patch and
> rebooted a couple of times and it looks fine.

Thank you for checking my patch.
I send-pr-ed the patch as ports/103344.
You can follow this from:

Thank you,